PSG was briefed by Bayer Consumer Health to create a campaign for two new product launches, Canestest and Canesbalance, which both test and treat Bacterial Vaginosis (BV).
The main objectives for the campaign were to drive awareness and educate females between the ages 18-35 years old about BV, as well as opening up a discussion around female intimate health and instilling confidence in them to do so, albeit in a format that would engage women in a relevant and creative way.
With such a tricky topic, we approached it with fresh thinking and developed an event and media topics that engaged widely across the target audience!
What we did
We created the #BeVConfident campaign which consisted of a number of key elements that allowed us to open up the discussion via traditional and social media.
The Lady Garden Party - a female event which included a panel discussion with blogger Rosemary MacCabe, Camogie star Anna Geary, fashion designer Emma Manley, and GP Sinead Beirne. Topics covered were; being confident in their daily lives, at work as well as women’s intimate health issues and the stigma around discussing intimate heath.
Evoke.ie was our media partner and we worked with them on promoting the event, conducting research, posting native content on the site and product placements in the Daily Mail weekend magazines.
We conducted research which investigated how confident Irish women are when discussing their intimate health, in order to create a news hook.
High profile GP Sinead Beirne was recruited to take part in a number of media interviews to support the campaign message.
Campaign Reach: 6,936,074
PR Value: €169,178
The campaign received 7 pieces of national print coverage, 1 TV slot on Ireland AM, 4 radio pieces and 6 online pieces, far exceeding initial expectations for such an ‘unsexy’ product.
Success from the campaign included:
- A bespoke, highly engaging and memorable event for media and influencers that positioned the product at a desirable level.
- Recruitment of a relevant and engaging panel and spokesperson to take part in the campaign and further elevate the product positioning.
- Positioned Bayer Consumer Health and BeV Confident on the news agenda with attitudinal research.
- Large scale media coverage across all channels.
- Top Trending topic on Twitter in Ireland, due to highly successful competition mechanic and Tweet Wall.